Whether it be Christmas time, or any time, ladder safety is of critical importance. Falls from ladders can lead to broken bones, or worse, death. Take care to be safe when using a ladder.
- Always have someone else working with you when hanging Christmas lights or decorations on a ladder or the roof.
- Make sure the ladder is level before climbing.
- Do not stand on a ladder's top two rungs.
- To climb up onto a roof, extend the ladder at least three feet beyond the edge of the roof.
- Space the base of the ladder one foot away from the wall for every four feet it reaches up.
- Stay centered between the rails of the ladder. Do not overreach to hang lights or decorations - MOVE THE LADDER!